or Is Google Chrome a usable Firefox replacement?
I've tested Chrome Beta for about 45 days as my most important web development tool.
Problems and missing features in Version 17 and early 18:
- Spell check is unusable with two or more languages
- No FF like sidebar
- No POST for search engines
- Bookmarks sorting is not snyced
- No ruler elements for bookmarks orga
- Chrome's development tools are not as good as Firebug
- No sync of search engine keywords
- Snyc breaks continuous with Chrome updates
- Sync is unreliable and feels slow
- Some websites wont work periodically (for example Zimbra's webinterface)
- No Firefox like Panorama (Tab Candy) functionality
- Adblock extensions are unreliable and less feature rich
- Bookmark URL tooltip is not shown for non first level bookmarks
- Every extension has its own UI
- Quix.com Bookmarklet wont work
Please note: there is a way to switch off JS on the fly when using beta channel.